Howto switch off roaming profiles

Steffen Ullrich steffen at easybrowse.com
Wed Jan 5 11:45:14 GMT 2000

while everyone seems to have problems using
roaming profiles I have them running, but like
them switched off. Background:

We have a linux server here using samba2.0.6 in
share mode. Then we have an old NT server (4.0SP3)
which only does logon and wins. I want to replace
this server, because the company is growing and
we don't like to buy more user licenses for the
NT server. It looks like they never used roaming
profiles, but whenever I try to setup the samba
server as PDC (in user mode on a different IP then
the share mode server) it tries to use them. I've
tried disabling the profiles share, the logon path
etc. parameter, but then it still tries to use
roaming profiles (but complains that it can't access
them). Any ideas?

Related to this: I like to take the users settings
on the machines into the new domain (Right now it
creates a new profile). What's the best way to do this?