Regarding domain administrators

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Mon Jan 3 22:20:40 GMT 2000

Just got back from holidays and couldn't see a reply in the 300 odd mesages in
my inbox, so sorry if I repeat someone....

> HOW do I give domain admin status to a user or group?
>
> I tried the newest CVS build and neither
> domain admin group
> or
> domain group map
> parameters in the smb.conf file worked.

Samba 2.0.5a and 2.0.6 worked fine for me. Do your logs say anything about
logins/authentication at all? You can try 'Admin Users = ????'. This makes the
said users connect as uid 0 / gid 0.

> every time I tried to run server manager, I got "access denied" and every
> time I tried user manager for domains I got
> "A Remote Procedure Call (RPC) protocol error occurred. Do you want to
> select another domain...."
> Any ideas?

You'll get that with Samba. Although, I was under the impression that some CVS
builds had limited support.

Thanks,

Matt