Problem with Samba as PDC

Jeremy R. Sliwinski alpha at ductape.net
Mon Jan 3 09:49:03 GMT 2000

Sorry bout this...  Okay, it appears that this problem has been fixed, but a
new one has come up...  Now when I log in, the computer makes an entirely
new profile ( just like I've never logged in.) I copied my profile from the
local machine using the option in the System | User profiles, but that did
not work.  I even tried rename the NTuser.dat file to NTuser.man, and that
still did not work...  I used TCPdump to analyze the traffic between my
computer and the server ( switched Ethernet ) and it looks like the NT box
is saving the profile, but it never reads the profiles when it starts up...

I using on my Windows box:
    Win NT 4 workstation with Service Pack 4

My server is:
    Red Hat Linux 5.2 w/ Samba 2.0.4b (???  I remember upgrading this sucker
???)
    Kernel version : 2.2.12

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks,

Jeremy

--
214 Arlington Drive                               alpha at ductape.net