Network Accounting

Jon Westfall jon at bugjr.com
Sat Jan 1 18:26:43 GMT 2000

This is slightly off subject, but I figured if any group of people knew the
answer, this group would.

My company is looking to institute a way to track how much resources each
department/employee uses, such as the number of things they print, etc...
and then bill that department for their usage costs.  I have a variety of
windows printers and samba printers to track, as well as file shares etc...

Can anyone recommend a good accounting package or perl scripts that I could
use to track these processes?  I'm pretty sure that tracking the UNIX
printers would be easy, but unsure about the win boxes.

Thanks,
Jon Westfall.

================
If your TARBALL gets stuck in your PICO-chu, don't Poke-Me-Man, or i'll KILL
your running processes!
(Unix, or Pokémon?)

Jonathan E. Westfall
CEO - Webmaster