i need to know a few things about Sama TNg 0.6 + Netscape LDAP 4.1 + PDC (fwd)

holm at informatik.umu.se holm at informatik.umu.se
Tue Feb 29 21:24:52 GMT 2000

Sorry Gabriel, I ment to send this to the list not to You personally.

> I'm not configure LDAP, but i know that netscape directory have a
parameter or > something that is called "ntuser", someone knows if it is
enought for samba > authentification?

> I read Samba-PDC LDAP TNG howto made by Ignacio Coupeau at University of
> Navarra, but i find it a bit confuse or may be not clear for me.
>
> Well, i want to know if i must use smbpasswd if all the accounts are in
the  ldap
> server now, and i must add a machines account in the smbpasswd or in ldap
> directory?

Aaa, this raises an interesting question! If you have a user defined in
ldap with uid=joe, how do you add an sambaAccount to this user? Both
samedit and smbpasswd -a fails because uid joe already exists!

I think samedit/smbpasswd needs to be a little smarter here. Perhaps
something like this:

If the uid doesn't exist, no problem.
If it exists, just add a sambaAccount object to the existing user.
But what if the user already have an sambaAccount? Just add another one
or what?

By the way, does anybody know the status of the new (nt5ldap) schema?

Åke Holmlund					Tel:  +46 - 90 786 57 16
Umeå University					Fax:  +46 - 90 786 65 50
Dept of informatics				Email: holm at informatik.umu.se
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden