err broke

Åke Holmlund holm at informatik.umu.se
Tue Feb 29 17:51:28 GMT 2000

> On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Jason Jensen wrote:
>
> > ok.. using rpcclient i could not only add all the trust account and
> > users.. but i could join the domain SAMBA with win2k.. but i can't
> > access ANY file shares. NOT ONE.. not even share listing.. NOTHING..
> > seems like smb is broke.. can anyone conferm this? I also do NOT have
> > administrator privleges on my workstation..?? i don't know why! my
> > user temper is part of the "Domain Admins" group.
>
> uhhh.... hmmm...
>
> ok, i have a root problem.
>
> i.e if the user logging in isn't root, you can't log in.
>
> oops!

Maybe this, in some way, is related to my problem. Setup:

Samba-tng cvs:ed running on Solaris 7, sparc using ldap. Samba running as
PDC, NT 4 sp5 NOT member of the domain.

When i try to map a network drive, from \\pdc\username, the ONLY accesses
made to the ldap-server is searches for nobody (objectclass sambaAccount,
sambaGroup and sambaAlias). nobody does NOT exist in the ldap database.
These seraches occurs before the username/password dialog pops up.
No matter what usernam/password i try, no connection seems to be made
to the ldap server from samba. All i get is "SMB LM/NT Password did not match!"
messages in the log.smb file. If i add nobody (with samedit) to ldap
samba still ONLY searches for nobody and nobodys rid in ldap.

For me these problems started som after the lsarpcd crasches were
fixed last week.

Åke Holmlund					Tel:  +46 - 90 786 57 16
Umeå University					Fax:  +46 - 90 786 65 50
Dept of informatics				Email: holm at informatik.umu.se
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden