i need to know a few things about Sama TNg 0.6 + Netscape LDAP 4.1 + PDC

muchos muchos at ip6seguridad.com
Tue Feb 29 17:33:10 GMT 2000

I'm not configure LDAP, but i know that netscape directory have a parameter or
something that is called "ntuser", someone knows if it is enought for samba
authentification?

I read Samba-PDC LDAP TNG howto made by Ignacio Coupeau at University of
Navarra, but i find it a bit confuse or may be not clear for me.

Well, i want to know if i must use smbpasswd if all the accounts are in the ldap
server now, and i must add a machines account in the smbpasswd or in ldap
directory?

I think that my smb.conf is ok (i pasted below), but i don't know the
requirements of LDAP (Netscape server)

I'm using the Netscape LDAP with that parameter and Samba TNG 0.6 as a PDC

[global]

#  LDAP
    ldap suffix = "o=Root_Ldap"
    ldap bind as = "uid=root, o=Root_Ldap"
    ldap passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/ldappasswd
    ldap server = localhost
    ldap port = 389

# DOMAIN SERVER
    domain groups = ROOT_NT
    workgroup = ROOT_NT
    server string = Servidor Primario de Dominios
    domain master = yes
    domain logons = yes
    preferred master = yes
    comment = Linux sever Samba 2.1

# PRINTERS GLOBAL SETUP
    load printers = yes
    printcap name = /etc/printcap

# LOG SETUP
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 500

# PASSWORD SETUP
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
    unix password sync = yes
    passwd program = /bin/passwd %u
    password level = 0
# OPTIONS

    # Netbios Setup
    logon script = %U.bat
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
    netbios name = diablo
    logon path = \\diablo\profiles\%U
    map to guest = never
    null passwords = no
    os level = 34
    wins support = yes
    dead time = 0
    debug level = 20
    admin users = smbadmin

# SHARES PARA EL PDC

[homes]
    comment = Directorios Personales
    browseable = no
    writeable = yes
    public = no
    only user = no
    path = /home/samba/profiles/
    create mode = 0600
    directory mode = 070

[netlogon]
    comment = Servicio Autentificacion
    path = /home/samba/netlogon
    guest ok = yes
    writable = no
    share modes = no
    browsable = no
[profiles]
    comment = Perfil de Usuario
    path = /home/samba/profiles
    create mode = 0600
    directory mode = 0700
    writable = yes
    browsable = no

# SHARED OPCIONALES

Gabriel D´iaz L´opez de la Llave
Ip6 Seguridad S.L         gabidiaz at ip6seguridad.com
c: Zurbaran 28            tlf : 91 700 01 84 ext 165
28010 Madrid              fax : 91 700 01 73
http://www.ip6seguridad.com