Multiple NT domains and Samba-TNG

Mark Cave-Ayland mca198 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Feb 29 15:03:34 GMT 2000

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> 1) cvs update -- always.  a report for something that is out-of-date by
> more than about... four hours is almost always _also_ out-of-date.

Have just done that.....

> 2) do a net use \\thesambaserver\ipc$
> /user:THESAMBASERVERSDOMAIN\anadminaccountonthesamadomain

Before the CVS update, this returned "The command completed succesfully"
but I still got the "Access Denied" message in User Manager.

After the CVS update: NT returns "System Error 240 occured. The request
was cancelled"

In fact, now I can't browse the domain at all.... typing in \\ictserver
into the run box prompts me with a dialog box saying "Unknown username or
incorrect password". Typing in my SMB username and password does nothing
and keeps bringing the dialog box up.

Going back to the Samba-TNG box: smbclient //ictserver/test -U mca gives
the error "session request setup failed".

I think I've done something very wrong here....

> 3) no, trust relationships aren't exactly working properly (due to the use
> of a SURS algorithm that doesn't support anything more than its own
> domain) try it, you might get lucky...

Haven't looked into this yet.

Cheers,

Mark.