TNG 0.7 - can't join domain

Michael Breuer mbreuer at siac.com
Tue Feb 29 14:48:20 GMT 2000

Ok... sorry.

First, let me note that with the same machines & configuration I was able to join the domain in 0.5. That said... I installed 0.7
and selected "network identity" on a W2K workstation.  I entered the name of the samba domain and hit "OK."  When prompted for the
userid/password of a user authorized to join the machine to the domain, I entered the samba administrator id and password
(Administrator).  According to the logs, the "credentials" were 'null' and the ID mapped to root (uid=0).  I tried a different
account (also with administrator access to both the ws and samba --- and with same passwords).  Same message.  For fun, I added
"root" to smbpasswd (with samedit) and set the password to match the root password of the unix system.  Also no luck.