Multiple NT domains and Samba-TNG

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Tue Feb 29 07:19:11 GMT 2000

1) cvs update -- always.  a report for something that is out-of-date by
more than about... four hours is almost always _also_ out-of-date.

2) do a net use \\thesambaserver\ipc$
/user:THESAMBASERVERSDOMAIN\anadminaccountonthesamadomain

this will allow running usrmgr from another domain to succeed.

3) no, trust relationships aren't exactly working properly (due to the use
of a SURS algorithm that doesn't support anything more than its own
domain) try it, you might get lucky...

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> After a hard time fiddling with settings, I eventually got Samba-TNG to
> view as a server on the network. Huge credit to all you guys for being
> able to sort all this out.
>
> Now the problem is this: On the network we a have an NT server BG01 which
> is PDC for the BGDOMAIN domain. The Samba-TNG box is set up as ICTSERVER
> which is a PDC for the ICTDOMAIN domain.
>
> I can browse ICTSERVER from BG01 no problem (and vice-versa) - but I
> haven't had much luck with viewing user lists from ICTDOMAIN on BG01. When
> I use the NT User Manager and try and select ICTDOMAIN, ICTDOMAIN does not
> appear in the list. BUT if I type in ICTDOMAIN directly and hit OK then I
> get the message "Access is denied". Also, the eventlog
> command in rpcclient (when pointed at the NT box) doesn't seem to read
> back the NT event log and then typing enumusers results in a core dump. So
> it could be that I have set something up wrong here? Do I need to set up a
> domain trust relationship?
>
> I am using Samba-TNG CVSd about 2 days before the 0.6 pre-alpha release.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark.

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals