Fwd: Re(2): Status of changing passwords from NT ...

Anthony Brock abrock at georgefox.edu
Sun Feb 27 22:20:35 GMT 2000

Okay, I just tried it again, and received the following message:

The User name or old password is incorrect.  Letters in passwords must be
typed using the correct case.  Make sure that Caps Lock in not
accidentally on.

Hurrah!  This is the first time I have received a different message in
several months.  However, it is obviously still not functioning correctly.
 This is against a CVS update around 1:59 pm PST today.

I am positive I am using the correct username (administrator, in this
case) since NT 4.0 fills this parameter in automatically, as well as the
domain.  The password is the same I just used to loggin to the domain
with, and it allowed me access.  I have even logged in and out twice to be
sure I am using the correct password (and Caps Lock is off).

The workstation is an Intel NT 4.0 Workstation with Service Pack 6a
applied.

I am attaching the log files from my RedHat 6.1 box incase they are of any
use.

Tony