amazing tng-0.6

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Feb 26 22:27:09 GMT 2000

Vladimir Stavrinov <vs at lasp.npi.msu.su> writes:

> Luck, my congratulations! - tng got new "feature" (once more new):
> while login NT say me: "system unable to create profile
> \\samba-pdc\\profile.pds". Logon path always setting up to
> \\%L\%U\profile, but I first see this for a 2 years. It seems, like
> %U substitution not recognized when login start, but when login
> complete (with new local profile) share \\%L\%U exist.

OK, the problem is that the "nt_name" field is never being filled in
at all in the sam_passwd structure used by getsamfile21pwent().

This structure is created by sampassdb.c:pwdb_smb_to_sam(), which
inherits the nt_name value from the same field in the smb_passwd
structure returned by smbpass.c:getsmbfilepwent().

Since "nt_name" is never explicitly assigned in any of these places,
it is not available for the %U substitution, so the empty string gets
substituted instead.

I think the right solution is to arrange for nt_name to be set
correctly, but I do not know the right way to do that.  Luke?

 - Pat