Samba in VMware (Was: Another GPL violation?)

Regis Duchesne hpreg at vmware.com
Fri Feb 25 07:20:39 GMT 2000

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that your voices have been heard, and
that the next release of VMware will do the following:

1) A file called SAMBA-LICENSE will be always installed in <DOCDIR>
   (/usr/doc/vmware by default) when VMware is installed.

   This file contains:

   a) A header from VMware explaining where (URL) to find VMware diffs to the
      Samba source version 2.0.6

   b) The full content of the file COPYING (GPL v 2) included in the
      Samba source version 2.0.6

2) At configuration time of VMware, if the user decides to use the
   Samba server binary modified by VMware, he will be pointed at the
   file described in 1)

Again, sorry for the delay, but we are at least as busy as you guys
are :)

Have a nice day,
--
Regis "HPReg" Duchesne - Member of Technical Staff - VMWare, Inc.
        www              http://www.VMware.com/