Netload using wins support

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Wed Feb 23 22:47:56 GMT 2000

Bernhard Ertl wrote:

> Does anyone know about the implementation of the wins support? How much
> netload does it cause (for about 50 Computers in the domain) and does
> samba start search queries for clients from other domains/ workgroups?
>
> Thx Be

I don't know specific numbers, but it doesn't appear to be the most
chatty protocol on our network. I have a technical articile from technet
on WINS if you want it. It may have the info you are after.

Matt

--
"Our goal for the next release of Windows 2000 is to have zero bugs."
- Lucovsky, Microsoft