Can't login TNG.0.5

Jean-Marc Le Pape lepape at shom.fr
Wed Feb 23 12:07:33 GMT 2000

Hello,

I'm using Samba tng 0.5 on Linux RH6.1 (pasglop)
I use a NT 4 SP 4 Workstation (moliere).
I succesfully compile and install Samba.

I do a
samedit -S . -U root%monpassword
then
[root at .]$ use \\\\moliere -U Administrateur
use \\\\moliere -U Administrateur
Enter Password:
Server: \\MOLIERE:      User:   Administrateur  Domain:
Connection:     OK
[root at .]$ createuser moliere$ -j
createuser moliere$ -j
SAM Create Domain User
Domain: PDCTEST Name: moliere$ ACB: [W          ]
Create Domain User: OK
Join MOLIERE to Domain PDCTEST
Set $MACHINE.ACC: OK

and
createuser toto -p toto
SAM Create Domain User
Domain: PDCTEST Name: toto ACB: [U          ]
Create Domain User: OK

I can't join the fist time the PDC from the NTWorkstation but i can join
the twice.

And now i can't loggin on the PDCTEST from the NT W with the account
toto and password toto.

Do I something wrong or I am definitively STUPID.

PS : I make it work with samba 0.0 and smbpasswd's commands.

=> smb.conf
[global]
netbios name = PASGLOP
workgroup = PDCTEST
log level = 100
log file = /opt/samba_tng/var/log.%m
domain group map = /opt/samba_tng/private/domaingroup.map
domain user map = /opt/samba_tng/private/domainuser.map
domain alias map = /opt/samba_tng/private/domainalias.map

security = user
domain logons = yes
encrypt passwords = yes

os level = 65