Samba 2.0.6 & W2000Pro

Karl Denninger karl at Denninger.Net
Tue Feb 22 18:24:05 GMT 2000

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 04:59:03AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
> > OK, an update:
> >
> > 1. Win98 now works - including printing.
> >
> > 2. Win2K no longer bitches about not being able to find a roaming profile,
> >    BUT it DOES bitch on log out about not being able to UPDATE the roaming
> >    profile!  I think we got HALF the fix in TNG, but not ALL of it ;-)
>
> ok, great.  right.  that's likely to be related to one of the following:
>
> - crreate time / ntsmb query info on files/dirs

Gotta be on the directory, because on the first login there's no file set
(or directory for that user) there to grab.

> - a bug in nt clients where the connection from WINLOGON.EXE is maintained
> *after* the users logs out.
>
> likrly to be the first.
>
> check the differences between nttrans.c in 2.0.x and tng.

Uh, 2.0.x doesn't work *at all* with Win2k....

Still a valid thing to look at?

Also, see my other post about Win2K acting VERY strange when authenticated
against TNG as a PDC.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!