Printing in TNG

Inge-Håvard Hunstad inge at cc.uit.no
Tue Feb 22 10:13:04 GMT 2000

Richard Sharpe wrote:

> At 05:37 AM 2/22/00 +1100, Steve Litt wrote:
> >Inge,
> >
> >What you describe is the as-designed performance of Samba as configured by
> >the Red Hat distro. With Red Hat, you need to hard code printing, print
> >command, and any other commands you regularly use (lprm command, for
> >instance). You'll also need to change the printcap name= to /etc/printcap.
> >If you get a SWAT problem mentioning lpstat, the printcap name= change will
> >fix it.
>
> Hmmm, a small correction.  With the old versions of Samba, this is true.
> The RH 2.0.3 RPM did have a bug like Inge describes below, but an upgrade
> to 2.0.5a fixes that problem.
>
> However, there was also an underlying bug in Samba (fixed in 2.0.7, I
> think) where we were handling various printing-related parameters correctly.
>
> >As an alternative, I download the Samba 2.0.x .tgz and compile and make.
> >I've found that to yield a better setup, and it doesn't default to sysv
> >printing.
> >
> >Steve Litt

Ok maybe I wasn't clear enough. The little TNG in the subject field
wasn't big enough:) I have to write it in the body next time:) Sorry
folks! This is a matter with samba_TNG so if this was fixed in samba
2.0.7 maybe I have to wait for the big merge before this "error" is
fixed. I thanks for trying to help me anyway!

Sorry for bugging you. I just try to report all the error I can find
with TNG so that maybe they can be fixed be for a stable release is out.

Thanks!

inge