FAQ request(s)

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Feb 22 07:16:57 GMT 2000

print? guess I never thought of that.  :)  Sorry.  There should be some link
the the FAQ on samba.org, but there isn't.  I didn't claim to be lynx savvy,
did I?

BTW, one more thing on samba CVS.  Add a -z3 option to those, for faster
download times, and it shouldn't kill the server (and if it does, it's time
to get a bigger one).

Anyway, I've certainly got questions, and I promise that their better.  I
haven't touched this stuff for a while so I'm a bit rusty (those GUI config
tools are making me lose my touch).

Before I go any farther, let me say that the nsswitch.conf that ships with
RH6.1 SPARC sucks, it should all be looking to dns or files, but nis and
nisplus are higher in the list...  Now that I've re-done that whole think
I'll stick some logs on here...

My sources are up to date, except for 'source/lib/surstdb.c', as of 11:00 PM
tonight (monday).  I just tried a win98 login, with things configured the
way they should be for a single domain/single workgroup environment.  I'm
having the same problem that somebody else had earilier, because you'd
changed something for testing.  :)  The first time that I try to log on, it
doesn't work, subsequent logons work just fine.  No, I didn't mistype the
password.  log level is set at 100, so the things are huge.  I'll bzip2
them, but which ones do you want?

My "home" share doesn't seem to be getting mapped, and my REALLY basic
logon.bat isn't running.  (at least, it's not giving me the share that I
asked for).  I've attached smb.conf (uncompressed) and log.smb.bz2.  Thanks
for telling me which things I've mangled,
	Greg