Long User names

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 06:07:58 GMT 2000

Hi Folks,

Who knows about length of user name limits ? I have been using an old
(Oct99) NTDom stream version in a production situation (NT4sp4) and have
just found that our IT department is making student logon names as long as
15 characters.

The NTDom side of things is fine, the user is logged on without problems
but no home directory. The user can browse to homes but not the (homes)
directory in their name.

Will I see similar problems in Head/TNG or TNG alone ? (if so, maybe I just
hack at the old code I have here ...).

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au