Win9x and TNG status?

Karl Denninger karl at Denninger.Net
Tue Feb 22 03:25:42 GMT 2000

Well, what do you do about the profile?

If I comment out the profiles stuff in smb.conf the system does NOT get it
from the login share, as it used to with 2.0.6.  It also doesn't get it off
the LOCAL disk!

This is with Win2k, by the way.

So if I authenticate as a domain user with Win2K off the Samba PDC I get a
"guest" profile that disappears as soon as I sign off!

That sucks, needless to say.

2.0.6 would grab it out of your home directory if you didn't make other
arrangements.  TNG doesn't (apparently) do that.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!