Win9x and TNG status?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Tue Feb 22 02:52:19 GMT 2000

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Karl Denninger wrote:

> Ok, I got past that.
>
> Now when I try to join the domain I get "the credentials supplied conflict
> with an existing set of credentials".

cool.   do a net use on the nt wks.  if you have any explorer.exe windows
open, close them.  if anything showed up in the net use, do a net use
\\sdjfhsdfhasjdhahkl /del on all of them.

i answered this issue only a few days ago, someone else asked about it -
exact same question.

the answer is exactlythe same, and it's not even a samba-specific issue,
this can happen in an nt-only environment.

> Huh?
>
> Someone tell me I'm not going insane here, please?
>
> I also can't use "samedit"; it is also blowing chunks and complaining about
> not being able to connect.

please do a *bleeur* then at debug level 100.  also please send exact
syntax you're using.

thx karl, i appreciate you taking time to go through this.

lukes