[RFC] LDAP user management tools

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Feb 21 22:39:21 GMT 2000

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, [iso-8859-1] Inge-Håvard Hunstad wrote:

> Gerald Carter wrote:
> >
> > I'm in the process of building some tools
> > for manipulating users in a Samba LDAP account
> > backend.  This will mostly likely be ing Perl
> > using the Mozilla::LDAP module.
> >

> Is it rude of me asking how did it go? Was the interest so low that it
> wasn't worth finishing or did you try to implement it and have a tool
> ready for alpha or beta testing? If the latter is true then I'm willing
> to try it:)

Well...I wrote an initial script and got distracted by other things. Right
now we are in the processing of pushing into LDAP very hard.  So I've
picked it back up.  It's not ready for any release yet.  Only command line
driven at the moment (no GUI stuff).

Let me work out some other things and send you a copy of what I have
sometime in the next few days ok?

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter