Win9x and TNG status?

Karl Denninger karl at Denninger.Net
Mon Feb 21 21:35:45 GMT 2000

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 07:32:53AM +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > I read all the messages, but I'm still not clear.  What is and isn't working
> > with regards to Win9x machines logging into a TNG PDC?  If it's not working,
> > do you guys still need a netmon trace?  I'm at work today with my PDC and
> > 250 workstations, so I can get any kind of login traces you might want, but
> > that's not to say that I can make heads or tails of them.
>
> :) thx.  richard fixed auth over the weekend.  someone else reported
> printing not working (needs more details).  usrmgr.exe and srvmgr.exe
> (win95 versions) don't work, probably related to GETDC request not being
> right.

I can't build the current version... it blows up with:

Compiling rpcclient/rpcclient.c
rpcclient/rpcclient.c: In function `main':
rpcclient/rpcclient.c:768: Internal compiler error in `build_insn_chain', at
global.c:1756
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/faq.html#bugreport> for
instructions.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /disk/develop.new/samba/samba/source.

FreeBSD Genesis.Denninger.Net 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #4: Tue Jan 18 16:12:18 CST 2000     karl at Genesis.Denninger.Net:/usr/src/sys/compile/KARL  i386

A pretty current FreeBSD machine...

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!