Samba 2.0.6 & W2000Pro

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Feb 21 05:10:47 GMT 2000

At 06:55 AM 2/22/00 +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
>> TNG does not yet work properly for Win95/98 users.  There are still
>> lingering authentication problems AND printing doesn't work.
>
>richard tracked down the auth issues.  can you give more [specific]
>details about printing?

There are two that I am aware of:

1. Seems to get confused about the GID of the user and fails, at least on
Linux

2. Still has bugs we fixed 2.0.x a month or so ago (screws up on setting
the various printing parameters).

>thx,
>
>luke

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course
Author: First Australian 2-day, intensive, hands-on Samba course