[RFC] LDAP user management tools

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Feb 21 20:06:46 GMT 2000

> > I know that I could just extend .../bin/smbpasswd, but
> > writing the scripts in Perl would also allow for a Perl/TK
> > GUI that could run on any platform for the most part (Windows,
> > Solaris, Linux, etc...)  This would basically be a Usrmgr
> > type interface with the headache of RPC and named pipes.
> >
> > What say everyone?  is there enough interest for this?
> > >From my part of view the automation scripts come first
> > and the GUI later.

a much more, f you're asking my opinion, noteworthy and fairly easy task,
would be to take the display_*.c code and add a switch to print html as
well as text.

that was actually the original intention, except i never got round to
doing the html.

then, making these programs run as a swat-like daemon is absolutely
trivial.

hmm.  an interesting, intriguing project :)

> Is it rude of me asking how did it go? Was the interest so low that it
> wasn't worth finishing or did you try to implement it and have a tool
> ready for alpha or beta testing? If the latter is true then I'm willing
> to try it:)
>
> inge

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals