Still problems of password sync

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Mon Feb 21 17:49:39 GMT 2000

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:16:31 +1100, hai scritto:

>I had same problem with sync on RedHat6.1 and samba-2.1.prealpha.
>I found that second response in chat sometimes didn't arrive to passwd.
>Two times everything goes fine and 10 times not.
>I solved this problem by hacking smbd/chpasswd.c. I changed IPC between
Note that in samba < 2.0.6 there was a timing problem in the chat
handling that has been solved in 2.0.6.
I think pre-2.1 doesn't have this fix.

The probem manifested this way: you could change the password 1 out of
7/10 times. The other times you got something like "child exited while
we were waiting" or similar.

giulioo at pobox.com