Printing in TNG

Inge-Håvard Hunstad inge at cc.uit.no
Mon Feb 21 16:37:16 GMT 2000

When I try to change printing system from the default "sysv" to "bsd" in
smb.conf the printing commands doesn't seem to change. When I run
testparm after changing the "printing" parameter it looks like this:

        print ok = No
        postscript = No
        printing = bsd
        print command = lp -c -d%p %s; rm %s
        lpq command = lpstat -o%p
        lprm command = cancel %p-%j
        lppause command = lp -i %p-%j -H hold
        lpresume command = lp -i %p-%j -H resume
        queuepause command = lpc stop %p
        queueresume command = lpc start %p
        printer name =
        printer driver = NULL
        printer driver location =

At least I didn't know that BSD printing used lp and lpstat so I think
there is an error somewhere.

Thanks for all help.

inge

smb.conf global section:

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]
ldap suffix = "ou=People,dc=student,dc=uit,dc=no"
ldap bind as = "uid=manager,dc=student,dc=uit,dc=no"
ldap passwd file = /opt/samba-tng/private/ldappasswd
ldap server = localhost
ldap port = 389
workgroup = LDAP
netbios name = <Netbios name>
server string = <Netbios name> Samba %v
hosts allow = XXX.XXX.X. XXX.XXX.XX. 127.
printcap name = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes
printing = BSD
log level = 0
log file = /opt/samba-tng/var/log.%m
max log size = 5000
security = user
null passwords = No
encrypt passwords = yes
local master = Yes
os level = 65
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
logon path = \\<Netbios name>\Profiles\users.man
logon home = \\<Netbios name>\%U
logon drive = H:
Wins server = XXX.XXX.XX.XX
Dns Proxy = No