TNG works with Win2k, fails with Win98

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Feb 21 03:44:05 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at samba.org> writes:

> now, do you _want_ me to add a "feature" which allows connections to
> be automatically reestablished, or do you want me to freeze
> functionality now, with the consequences that your system may be
> unreliable?

I would call that a bug fix, but I agree the line is blurry.

> ok, i'm being silly.  i'm a little over-sensitive about the comments
> i saw on linuxcare's website saying i don't know how to work in a
> production environment (hi guys!  saw your running commentary on the
> lists, i absolutely loved it, it's a scream.  i _am_ a little miffed
> about the code-freeze comments though).

Luke, everybody thinks you are amazing.  When anybody says "You
should...", they actually mean, "Might you please consider..."

*Nobody* making suggestions feels anything towards you other than
gratitude and a bit of awe.  It's just that some of us really want to
use your stuff in a production environment soon.  (In my case, very,
very soon...)

Anyway, I apologize if I touched a nerve.  Go rewrite the RPC layer
from scratch again if it will make you happy :-).

 - Pat