TNG works with Win2k, fails with Win98

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Feb 21 01:37:28 GMT 2000

> Are we in feature freeze yet?  :-)

well, we don't have complete features yet, so no, not really.

for example, connections are made (SMB) over which DCE/RPC function calls
are sent, but either the client or the server can drop the connection.

now, do you _want_ me to add a "feature" which allows connections to be
automatically reestablished, or do you want me to freeze functionality
now, with the consequences that your system may be unreliable?

ok, i'm being silly.  i'm a little over-sensitive about the comments i saw
on linuxcare's website saying i don't know how to work in a production
environment (hi guys!  saw your running commentary on the lists, i
absolutely loved it, it's a scream.  i _am_ a little miffed about the
code-freeze comments though).

lukes