Problems with Samba-TNG and Win9X etc

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Feb 20 23:16:04 GMT 2000

Hi

I have been looking at the GETDC and other response, and it looks like
Windows gets confused by a number of things.

I think that Samba-TNG should respond to a cut-down GETDC request with a
cut-down GETDC response.  This is easy to do in nmbd/nmbd_processlogon.c by
noting the length of the incomming request, and if it is short (ie, ends in
the name of the domain the PDC is being sought for, instead of including
the last few parameters) then we should only send back the name of the PDC.

I will probably code this up later today and upload it to the CVS tree.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course
Author: First Australian 2-day, intensive, hands-on Samba course