TNG works with Win2k, fails with Win98

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Feb 20 14:08:38 GMT 2000

At 10:51 AM 2/20/00 +0000, Lars Kneschke wrote:
>Richard Sharpe wrote:
>>
>> At 08:57 PM 2/20/00 +1100, Lonnie J. Borntreger wrote:
>> >Beautiful!!!  It works.  I can login, browse/access shares, and view user
>> >lists when setting sharing from the Win9x machine..
>> >
>> >Only Win9x issue still remaining... The user manager and server manager
>> >report that the PDC can't be found.  Server manager shows the samba server
>> >as BDC.  Seems like an issue with Win9x/GETDC.
>>
>> OK, where did you get Server manager and User Manager from?

OK, I can see the difference in what we are returning ...
nmbd_processlogon.c is returning too much info for the moment.  An NT4.0
system returns much less in a GETDC response ... I will hack it back but I
fear that Win2000 will not be happy ... Will test that next week.

>Cu
>--
>Watch our projects at http://www.kneschke.de/projekte!
>ggitv, KSamba, PXTools, Samba TNG FAQ, myWebalizer

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course
Author: First Australian 2-day, intensive, hands-on Samba course