TNG works with Win2k, fails with Win98

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Feb 20 04:50:05 GMT 2000

At 01:25 PM 2/20/00 +1000, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>At 12:36 PM 2/20/00 +1100, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>Hmmm, OK, further checking seems to show that the E_P24 routines and some
>associated routines are working correctly.  That is, Luke has not perturbed
>the E_P24 routine in changing things around.  I now have to check some
>other avenues ...

OK, it looks like the LM Challenge Response that was returned is not making
it all the way to smb_password_ok routine, as it is different in the code
to what ethereal shows it to be.

Have to take the children swimming now, so have to stop :-)

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course
Author: First Australian 2-day, intensive, hands-on Samba course