Samba-tng.0.4pre & win95

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Sat Feb 19 12:08:52 GMT 2000

I replaced the smb daemon with the CVS HEAD branch one, win9x can login now.
But in win9x I can't view the userlist when using userlevel sharing?!
(I could in the old head branch CVS version, of app. 6 months ago)

> I'm probably forgetting something.
> I'm not 100% sure about my procedure to start samba, for
> instance, in order
> to get NT to join the domain, I just manually started all daemons in
> samba/bin.

OK, I just found the description of the various daemons in the
/source/README file.

So, the remaining problem is:

-userlevel sharing from win9x workstations

"the userlist can't be viewed right now"

Did anyone allready work around this problem?

Best regards,

Pieter