Roaming profiles with W98 clients

JF HUNEZ jfhunez at oceanes.fr
Sat Feb 19 11:03:55 GMT 2000

Godfrey Livingstone wrote :

> Roaming profiles are not broken totally in 2.06 if you read earlier
> discussion to this group the change between 2.05a and 2.06 means that in
> the on win9x machines you need to put "net use h: /home" in the user.bat
> script and enable "login home = \\%L\Profiles\U%" in the smb.conf file
> rather than using "login profile = \\%L\Profiles\%U".

Thank you everybody for your help, it works now !!
As I read in "profiles.txt", it seems that "net use /home" is not
essential because roaming profiles work without it.

How could I disable profile caching on W98 clients to preserve
space on local disk ? (registry hack for NT doesn't work with W98)

Thanks

  JF HUNEZ
Reunion Island