Samba-tng.0.4pre & win95

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Sat Feb 19 10:32:37 GMT 2000

I'm trying to replace an old samba CVS-compiled PDC with one of the most
recent TNG ones.
I tried the 0.4pre tarball, from the NT servers/workstations I already have
more user/group functionality than before, which is great, but from the
win95 workstations, domainmembers can no longer login?!

I'm probably forgetting something.
I'm not 100% sure about my procedure to start samba, for instance, in order
to get NT to join the domain, I just manually started all daemons in
samba/bin.
I believe there must be some sample startup script, since the old script
which only starts smbd and nmbd does not do the trick?

Best regards,

Pieter