NT/UNIX password synchronization, using LDAP for pasword store.

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sat Feb 19 04:29:54 GMT 2000

Luke Howard wrote:

> That should work with OpenLDAP's ldappasswd, a matter of
> setting the bind DN correctly. It would be less of a hack
> to have the ldapdb code in nt5ldap update this itself,
> though.

Definely.  This should be configurable so that it will
of course work even if someone is not storing the crypt()
password in LDAP though.  But I certainly agree that the
ldapdb code would be a good place to synchronize.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )