Domain Logon Problem

Keith Muska kmuska at clementsmfg.com
Fri Feb 18 20:54:05 GMT 2000

I am having a problem with Domain Logons.  I am running RedHat 6.1 and Samba
2.0.6.  This machine is acting as a File/Print and Mail Server.
My problem is this:  The Domain Logons work excellent most of the time.
However, if the internet connection goes down the Domain Logons stop working.
When someone tries to logon their computer will do nothing for about 15 Seconds
and then return an error stating:
"The domain password you supplied is not correct, or access to your logon server
has been denied."
This only happens when the internet connection goes down so it seems like Samba
is trying to use the DNS server listed in the resolv.conf file.  I tested this
theory by removing the nameserver line from the resolv.conf file and this fixed
the Domain Logon problem but it killed Sendmail.  I have tried different "name
resolve order" settings with no luck. I don't have a DNS server on the LAN and
if I need one I wouldn't know how to set it up. Any suggestions on this matter
would be greatly appreciated.

please reply to mailto:kmuska at clementsmfg.com

Thank You,

Keith Muska