Roaming profiles with W98 clients

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Feb 18 19:42:20 GMT 2000

I wouldn't call them broken -- they got changed from 2.0.5a. If you'd like
to restore the 2.0.5a behavior (I like that behavior better), change these
two source/smbd/ipc.c calls from:

pstrcpy(p2, lp_logon_home());

pstrcpy(p2, lp_logon_path());

This will revert to the 2.0.5a behavior that gets profile location right
but has been reported to get home directory wrong. Also, it's been reported
that the following workaround places both profiles and the home directory
where they belong (without the source code reversion)

logon home = \\%L\%U\profile

Steve Litt