Different Domain Login.

Ryan Wyler SC4211 at email.mot.com
Fri Feb 18 18:13:28 GMT 2000

Here at motorola we are doing a 'TEST' implementation of samba.
Hopefully we will be able to replace our Novell servers with some
UltraEnterprise 4500's running Solaris/Samba instead of what Corporate
wants to go with (20+ NT Boxes.. AHHHH..).

Everything is working great, samba is working awesome, it's very fast,
etc.. Our setup is as follows.  The domain the samba server is on is
called 'NA2R1' and the USERDOMAIN where the PDC and BDCs sit is called
'NA2'.  There is a trust relationship between the two domains.

I have the samba server setup to do security=domain, password server =
*.  That is working great.  Our ONLY complaint so far is when people
connect to it they have to connect with 'na2\username' instead of just
'username'.  Is there a way in the smb.conf to specify a default domain
to authenticate with??

Like say something like "default authentication domain = NA2" so when a
user puts in for username 'username' it will automaticly throw the
'na2\username' on there first, and if that does not authenticate then
try the 'na2r1\username'.

Any suggestions would help.  Thanks.

--

Ryan Wyler
SC4211 at email.mot.com          Voice:  (480) 732-4318
Motorola ITSS                 Pager:  ryan.page at monitor.sat.mot.com
   U N I X

[ Unix is very Friendly ...
      ... just pickier about who it makes friends with. ]