neighbour table overflow

Sam Couter sam at topic.com.au
Fri Feb 18 08:04:47 GMT 2000

Asim Ejaz Butt <aejaz at dgcc.org.pk> wrote:
>     Hello everyone,
>                     I am using Red Hat 6.0. After the setup of SAMBA,
> I continuously receiving the following messages on console:
>
>                                         RPC: sendmsg return error 105
>                                         neighbour table overflow
>
> and I am unable to do anything on the console

I saw this message on one of my machines yesterday, for the first time in my
5 years or so of using Linux. In my case it turned out to be bad routing
tables. Circular routes or something. I was messing with addresses and
hardware and stuff. :)

Anyway, it's not samba causing the problem, it's any network activity. Check
your routing tables and network setup.
Check that your network driver detects your card correctly.
Sam Couter                                              sam at topic.com.au
Internet Engineer                               http://www.topic.com.au/
tSA Consulting