join a SAMBA domain as a PDC

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Thu Feb 17 23:32:23 GMT 2000

> > > join the domain

> > > do a createuser yourownsambaserver$ -j.
> >
> > That's what I tried, but I got the response:
> >
> > "please use 'lsaquery' first, to ascertain the SID"
> >
> > What do I need to do?
> you have an old version of rpcclient, then.
>
> update.

OK, it's just that I have a server with only 8 MB of RAM, so recompiling
takes quite a while.
(this server still runs on old libs, recompiling the sources on one of my
other (updated) systems does not provide me with the right executables)

Anyway, I will update this server, so that I can recompile the sources on a
faster machine.
Should have done this anyway, but I was just hoping that I could get a nice
version running at once.

Thanks for the help,

Best regards,

Pieter