NT/UNIX password synchronization, using LDAP for pasword store.

Paul Kennedy pkennedy at loudcloud.com
Thu Feb 17 22:48:10 GMT 2000

I am trying to implement a single sign-on solution for NT/Solaris/Linux.
Linux/Solaris is easy, I use nssswitch and pam_ldap to cause the
authentication client tools to compare against the same userPassword
attribute value of a single user entry in an LDAP directory.

I intend for the same LDAP directory subtree to be used for
authentication store by Samba-TNG running on Linux, so that eventually
each entry should have these LDAP attributeTypes

    lmPassword
    ntPassword
    userPassword

Is there some feature of Samba which will cause it to synchronize
lmPassword/ntPassword to the the userPassword attribute when an NT
password changes ?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions for how I
might proceed ?

Thanks,

Pk.