act as OS privilege under samba

John F. Blyberg jblyberg at marco.com
Thu Feb 17 22:01:57 GMT 2000

Hi, we are running samba 2.0.5a-12.  Several of our NT 4.0 clients run
software that requires the "act as OS privilege" enabled.  However, in the
policy editor, no such policy can be found.  The only place I can find it is
in the user manager or user manager for domains in NT but that does little
good for the clients that log into the samba controlled domain as they get
their policies from the samba netlogon share.

The software we are running has its internal security implementation, yet it
uses NT permissions in order to access key features, ie. only the
administrator may change security parameters within the software.  The
security aspect of this software is very poorly designed and so I am having
a hard time finding a work-around.

---------
John Blyberg
Michigan Automotive Research Corp.