Prealpha 0.3/W2K problem joining domain...

Michael Breuer mbreuer at siac.com
Thu Feb 17 20:19:04 GMT 2000

When I attempt to join my Samba domain from a W2K workstation I get the following error reported on Windows:
     The following error occured attempting to join the domain "<domain>";
     The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials.

This message is consistent regardless of the ID/password supplied.  I've supplied proper domain administrator password, domain user,
etc.  I even tried a non-existing id/password. All attempts result in the same windows error.

Configuration notes:

Windows 2000 WS build 2195 (currently member of W2K server domain with a different name).
On same subnet with Samba server.
Can mount files, printers, etc.

Samba: Prealpha 0.3 on IRIX.

The error logs don't seem to show any evidence of a connection attempt (log level 99).