NIS and NT PDCs?

Seth Vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:20:42 GMT 2000

> There is^h will be a perl script (civpasswd) on the suns which wraps
> passwd and smbpasswd and a couple of other things[1] in a similar fashion
> to the one on lion but I really need to get ssh working for everyone on
> everything, including NT, first of all.
try ssh32 (lookup on google.com will find it)
it works well.

> What you want, to keep the passwords synched is the ypbind part of NISgina
> and a copy of yppasswd that will work with NT (which ought to be possible)
> and a program or wrapper script which would allow your users to do
>
> foopasswd
>
> on unix or NT and change both passwords.
>

> Or there's always kerberos :)
thats not funny. not even a little. :)

the way I figure it I can get passwd change from the samba server to the
nis server working correctly. - that shouldn't be a problem.
I'm worried  about people changing their pw in unix.
I guess its workable.

Can I get pam_ntdom to change pws on a samba domain or do I have to
install smbpasswd everywhere and write an expect wrapper to passwd?

-sv