NIS and NT PDCs?

Paul Lussier plussier at ne.arris-i.com
Thu Feb 17 14:34:37 GMT 2000

Hi all,

Unfortunately, due to the fact that Samba can't yet handle domain trust
relationships with other NT domains, I'm forced to use an NT PDC for now.
However, since I've recently moved my entire user base over to Unix accounts
for e-mail purposes, I'd really rather not have to deal with creating new
accounts for them all.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have NT authenticate against an NIS
server, and if so, how?

Any information or pointers is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

--

Seeya,
Paul