Create Domain Group fails

Robert Carnecky robert at dbservice.com
Wed Feb 16 00:13:04 GMT 2000

Hello

I have some troubles to create domain groups. I can logon domain as Administrator (mapped to root) but I still don't have any local admin rights.

1. my unix map files exist and looks like this (BTW - what is the meaning of the parameter 'builtin group map' ?)

matterhorn:~ # cat /opt/samba/lib/*.map
# domain group map
smbadmin="Domain Admins"
smbuser="Domain Users"

# domain user map
root=Administrator

# local user map
wksadmin=BUILTIN\Administrators
wksuser="BUILTIN\Power Users"

2. rpcclient's creategroup returns :  Create Domain Group: FAILED (no matter what group name I pass as parameter)

3. rpcclient's enumgroups reports Domain Admins and Domain Users with RID 200/201 (as expected)

4. rpcclient's samgroupmem "Domain Admins" returns members of the unix group smbadmin (as expected - BTW what does it mean Type : User in the samgroupmem list ? )

What's wrong ? My configuration Samba TNG (checkout 13.2.) on Linux, clients WinNT4.0 and Win2K.

Regards
Robert