Problems with samba_TNG

Inge-Håvard Hunstad inge at cc.uit.no
Tue Feb 15 20:40:43 GMT 2000

Hi,

Here is some problems with samba_TNG from yesterday compiled with ldap
support on a RH6.1 box:

smbclient accepts any passwords

rpcclient accepts any passwords but creating users and changing
passwords doesn't work with any passwords.

In rpcclient it is enough to press tab to get it to segfault. I haven't
investigated how may ways I can get the rpcclient to segfault but it's
not few. An example is to use the rpcclient to log in to a existing
domain and do a enumusers, actually when I generated some more users in
the TNG domain it segfaulted there too, at least it segfaulted with my
setup. I'm happy to provide log files and such to help solving this.

If I can, I suggest that you give the rpcclient defaults like if no -S
flag is given then it defaults to localhost. And how about give some
information about which flags you can give each command when you say
"help <command>" i.e.. "help enumusers" would give you info about the
-g, -a and -u flags.

I used smbpasswd to create a machine account and then when I tried to
join the domain with a NT4WS then I got this error:

Unable to connect to the domain controller for this domain. Have your
administrator check your computer account on the domain

If I tried to give an administrator account and a password. I got a DR.
Watson because
of a error in rundll32.exe:

An application error has occurred and an application error log is being
generated

rundll32.exe
Exception: access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x77f7beed

If I try to use the createuser command in rpcclient it looks like this:

[ldap\inges at .]$ createuser jink$
createuser jink$
SAM Create Domain User
Domain: LDAP Name: jink$ ACB: [W          ]
Create Domain User: FAILED

Hope that it is possible to find a solution to my problems.

inge