Printing in TNG

Alan Hourihane Alan.Hourihane at pinacl.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 10:03:50 GMT 2000

Correct.

> This does not gell with your next message, which claims that the include
> line is being ignored.  Rather, it seems more like Samba is
> pulling all the
> include lines into the one server, but clients should start new tcp
> connections for each virtual server, because the NetBIOS names
> are different.

No. I said 'it appears as though' not that it 'is being' ignored.

Let me explain more....

Primary NetBIOS name is 'LEEDS'
NetBIOS aliases are 'LE-PRINTER' and 'DISTLEEDS'

I have include files defined as

smb.conf.leeds

[netlogon]

[fax]

smb.conf.le-printer

[Services]

[CableSales]

smb.conf.distleeds

[os]

Now,

If I do a 'net view \\leeds' all is well and shows me the shares available
in the smb.conf.leeds file.

If I do a 'net view \\le-printer' it should show only the ones defined in
smb.conf.le-printer, but doesn't show any. It only shows the same shares
defined in smb.conf.leeds.

And the same goes for 'net view \\distleeds' which shows on shares defined
in smb.conf.leeds.

Alan.