Unable to Authenticate on PDC

Keith Lynn lynn at cis.usouthal.edu
Mon Feb 14 20:40:55 GMT 2000

I don't know if this is a solution to your problem or not, but I have run
into similar problems, and found that Samba wouldn't authenticate if the
uid in the smbpasswd and /etc/passwd didn't match. There were instances
where I had changed a user, but there was an entry in smbpasswd. When I
readded the user, the uid had changed. This caused Samba not to
authenticate.
        Keith Lynn